What kind of data can I request?
HartslagNu collects data from every CPR notification. This information is interesting for scientific research. HartslagNu collects different types of information about the CPR calls.
- Time and location of the resuscitation
- Location of the AED used
- Time when a CPR call is accepted by a citizen responder
- Time when an AED is connected
- Who connected the AED
You can find all the available data and definitions in the Data Dictionary. You can request additional data if your desired data is not listed. HartslagNu does not provide data that can be traceable to individuals.
You can request a one-off dataset or a dataset with periodic updates. This depends on your research question and wishes.
Read everything about the policy and conditions for requesting a dataset in the Data Access Policy.
What is the source of the data?
HartslagNu data comes from the system itself. Data is collected from every CPR notification. In addition citizen responders complete a questionnaire after a resuscitation call, which is also an important source of information.
What are the costs of a dataset?
The costs may vary and the amount depends on the financiers.
- € 840 for projects which are (partially) funded by one of the HartslagNu partners The Dutch Heart Foundation or Ambulance care in the Netherlands.
- € 925 for projects of a public institution with a public funder.
- € 1,680 for projects of a public institution with partial private funders, whereby the results are published publicly.
Amounts are ex VAT.
How can I request a dataset?
Before you start the application process, we ask you to first read the overview of approved applications. Is there already an application for your research question or dataset? Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Request Form
- Do you have a new research question for a dataset? Then fill in the Data Request Form.
- Clearly indicate which data and variables you want to receive and which selection criteria (such as year or region) we must apply.
- Mail the completed form to email@example.com. Data requests for HartslagNu are handled by the Dutch Heart Foundation.
Assessment of the application
Your application will be assessed by the Data Access Committee. You will receive the results within 8 weeks. The committee will assess your application on the following:
- Funding source
- Research question, hypothesis and methodology
- Involvement of other disciplines
- Social impact and implementation
The committee is also examining whether a similar request has been made before to avoid overlap of analyses. In addition the committee assesses whether the requested dataset is suitable for answering the research question.
If your application has been approved by the Data Access Committee, you will receive an invoice and a Data Transfer Agreement (DTA).
Dataset is available
After you sign the Data Transfer Agreement (DTA) you will get access to the requested dataset. Also check out the list of events that may affect the dataset.
HartslagNu likes to receive the outcomes of the scripts and syntaxes of your analyses, the results and the final publication of the research. HartslagNu does not request co-authorship, but does request the mention of HartslagNu data use in the Acknowledgments of your publication.